Thursday, April 8, 2010

Corn Hole Game


Our son will be 7 in a couple of weeks are we are hosting a backyard carnival style type party. This is the 3rd theme but due to the work on this one and we only have a few weeks to go, we are sticking with this one. LOL

This is the corn hole game that my husband made, pretty good for his first attempt, don't you think? We will use this for the party but it will bring a lot of fun afterwards as well. Ü When I went to the store to purchase the fabric to make the corn bags I didn’t get what I wanted, but I got what they had. Originally I went for solid colors such as the blue and white, U. K. colors as the boards are. What I came out with would have worked, if the one solid fabric would have been a bit more pliable. I’m not sure what type of fabric it is but it has more of a plastic backing, like it is melted together. The other is an outdoor fabric as well but is soft and much more flexible. After trying them both out I returned for more fabric. I can not wait to go shopping somewhere else this summer!! I will re-do these bags. I have a white with the outline of blue flower and a burgundy and white stripped material. While at the sewing department at Wal-Mart the first time I purchased the “outdoor” thread for $4.44 a spool. What a waste of money. It was horrible. It frayed sooooo utterly badly that it was unreal. After suffering through 4 of the 6 bags I had had enough and went to upholstery thread, which didn’t do any better, granted I have had it for about 3 years though. I finally went to regular thread and it worked great. At one point, while using the outdoor thread, I sent my husband out to our storage barn to find my old sewing machine. I was thinking it had to be the machine catching or something and was ready to throw it out the window. LOL Do you have one of those short fuses? I do! Ü Sometime this summer while we are out and about I hope to find some really nice colors to choose for outdoor fabric and make new corn bags for the game. It really doesn’t matter I just want everything to match, that OCD thing again. LOL

There are other games that my husband has made that we will be using and I will be putting pictures of those on as well as tons of pictures of the party in the coming weeks. Thanks for stopping by and please come back again soon and as always God Bless. ÜÜÜÜ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice cornhole set. For future reference, the material used in the bags is called duck cloth.

Here are some general instructions on how to build cornhole and make the bags.

CoolSprings Tennessee said...

I love the blue UK
Cornhole boards! Go Kentucky!