Saturday, February 27, 2010

Backyard Carnival or County Fair Birthday Party

My son will be turning 7 at the end of April. We were researching on having a Lego party and I was really getting ready for that. However, my son wasn’t saying that much. Yesterday he was playing on “Playground” after his homeschooling on “Time 4 Learning.com” and loves the PBSKids.com site that offers the games. He really enjoys watching PBS and will pick it over SpongeBob…how great is that!! So he played and played with Curious George. All of a sudden it hit me, “Honey, would you rather have a Curious George Birthday Party?” His face lit up and I knew that was it. While researching this morning I was reading about parties and one of them had that they included a Backyard Carnival into the theme and they had a blast. That sounds even more awesome. Back to my son, “Would you like to add that to it but still have it Curious George?” This time the sparks were flying. He was thrilled. We finally hit it on the head. Within 3 hours my husband has been volunteered to make such items as a Plinko board, Corn Hole game and the best, he is the person that is going to sit while the kids are throwing whipped cream pies in his face. You have to love a man that will do that, even though he hasn’t said the word yes, we know he will. LOL

Our daughter’s birthday is in December and I have wanted to have a carnival ever since she was born and she will be 16 this year, no, that is not possible!! That kind of hit like a brick!! Okay, I have months left before that happens, back to this party. We are planning more games than we will probably have kids for. LOL

If you have any suggestions, ideas, comments, anything, I would love to hear them!! You will be seeing more about this and I will have picture overload when the party has ended. I almost forgot. The reason for the "County Fair" in the title is because we live in the country and if I could somehow fix it to have a greased pig, it would be a county fair for sure. LOL I've never actually seen one but I am sure it would be great.

Take care and God Bless

0 comments: