Thursday, July 2, 2009

National Union Insurance Company.....STAY AWAY!!!

I don't know if any of you have been contacted by this company, National Union Insurance Company, yet or not. Beware of this company and their tricks. I was asked if I would simply listen to their sales pitch (once) and that if I would I would receive a $15 Wal-Mart gift card, regardless of whether I bought it or not. I listened. I have been called 23 times yesterday, first day of calling. And already 11 today. I have called AT&T, my phone carrier, and the only option is to purchase a service and pay them to block up to 15 numbers, change my number or put up with it. I am not blaming AT&T for this, this is not their fault. However, I do not feel that I should have to pay to put a stop to harassing phone calls. Here is their "New" trick. Even if you are on the "No Telemarketers Calling List", this does not count, they are not using a toll free number. So they have now figured out a way to continue to harass everyone. After asking, demanding and threatening everything from calling the Better Business Bureau if they called back to pleading for them to leave me alone, I finally was told by one of their employees that she had placed me on the "Do Not Call" list and asked if anyone had offered that service before. Nope. But this is still good right? Well, not exactly, remember this is just the 2nd day of the calls, it can take up to 30 days from today for it to get to all of their call centers to inform them that I am on the list. How wonderful is that!! 1-616-980-4031 is the number in which they call from. So Beware!!!!!!!

**Note....No more mention of the $15 Wal-Mart gift card either. Another example of: If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Don't get caught in their scam.

Take Care and God Bless

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Just got the call! Gas Card now! (sigh) Trying to figure out how I got on their call list! Wonder if it was from a sweepstakes entry last night? Hmm..